English Language & Literature Department
Inspire and nurture students to be effective communicators who share
In the English Language Department, we inspire students to love the language and hone the use of the English medium through everyday interaction and through special programmes. These programmes include -
· Creative Writing Programme – Northstars develop their writers’ craft through exposure to a wide range of creative writing techniques in recounts and expositions.
· Oracy Programme – Northstars learn about intonation, word stress and how to read with conviction. Northstars are also trained to articulate their opinions on given topics. Through a myriad of presentation platforms such Applied Learning Programme, SPARCLE 1 & 2 projects and cooperative learning, Northstars are given more exposure to become confident and effective communicators.
Our literary talents are further nurtured for competitions such as –
· Chong Pang Next Top Speaker
· International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS)
· National Schools Literature Festival