Q1 What is the cut-off point to enter Northland Secondary School?
The cut-off point for the school varies from year to year based on our applicants.
For reference, the school’s cut-off point for 2018 intake was 188 - 239 for Express stream, 152 -186 for Normal (Academic) stream and 122 - 151 for Normal (Technical) stream.
Q2 Are we able to seek admission to Northland Secondary school via Direct School Admission (DSA)?
• All primary school pupils who are currently playing competitive hockey or who display a strong interest and aptitude for
the sport may apply. Pupils must display athletic ability, good reflex and hand/eye coordination skills.
• Pupils must possess diligence & positive attitude in academic work.
• Considerations will be taken on a pupil's relevant accomplishments and representation in sports or any other activity.
• Recommendations of the teacher-in-charge of hockey at the primary school/ other references will be taken for
Q3 What CCAs does Northland Secondary School offer?
|PERFORMING ARTS||SPORTS||UNIFORMED GROUPS||CLUBS/SOCIETIES|
|Band - Symphonic||Basketball ||Boys’ Brigade ||Infocomm Club|
|Dance - Indian||Hockey ||Girl Guides||Heart Club |
|Dance - Malay||Floorball||National Cadet Corps (Land)|
|Fusion Arts (Wushu)||Netball||National Police Cadet Corps|
|Fusion Arts (Dance)|
Q4 What are the CCA days in school?
Our CCAs are conducted every Tuesday (for all CCAs) and Fridays (for some CCAs).
Q5 Is there a closing date MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)? If not, how do I apply?
There is no closing date for MOE FAS. You may approach the office staff to enquire on the application procedures.
Q6 How do my child redeem the transport subsidy and what is the timeline?
- All MOE FAS students will receive transport subsidy of $10 from Jan to Dec. Students need to go to Transit Link Office and produce their EZ link card to top up.
- Alternatively they can also go to the Add Value Machine to top up. The top up is valid from 1st to 10th of every month.
Q7 What is the opening hours for the General Office?
General Office is opened from 7.30am to 5.30pm every day.
Q8 What is the opening hours for the school Bookshop Vendor?
- The bookshop is located within our school canteen.
- It is opened Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 2.30pm.
Q9 What is the address, contact no and opening hours for the school Uniform Vendor?
The uniform vendor is located at:
The contact number is 67531489• 604, Sembawang• Shopping Centre, #02-13.
They are opened from 11.30am to 8.00pm every day.