Home > About Northland > School Song & Crest > Crest
RED is the colour of dynamism and strength.
GREEN is the colour of growth and development.
The badge, with its red centre encircled by green, signifies the dynamism and strength at the heart of growth and development. The circle symbolises the continuous growth and development.
GOLD has traditionally been associated with nobility, being a metal of great value and purity. Gold signifies our hope that pupils of Northland Secondary School will endeavour towards nobility of character so that they may become persons of worth and valued citizens.
The badge carries the picture of our school building. The symbol of a building is selected for its two important characteristics:
Every building is built for a purpose. So, too, must we have a purpose. Specifically, we need to identify our goals and to clarify what we are building in our lives.
A STRONG FOUNDATION
- A building can endure only if it has strong foundation. Similarly, for our endeavours to succeed, they should be built on a strong foundation.
- The distinctive feature of our school building is the clock tower. It is at once a symbol of time, timeliness and timelessness. Consciousness of the passing of time highlights the need to treasure this precious resource and the opportunities it brings.
- Because time passes, timeliness is of essence. Timely action is necessary in our preparation for and pursuit of our goals. Timeliness should also characterise our responses to the challenges and opportunities that arise.
- Yet certain things endure through the passing of time. These are the timeless human qualities, values and truths.
- Thus, timely actions and timeless qualities form the strong foundation on which we build the achievement of our goals.
THE SCHOOL MOTTO
WITH RESPONSIBILITY AND RESOLUTION
RESPONSIBILITY should characterise the identification and pursuit of our goals, while
RESOLUTION will enable us to withstand, overcome and succeed.