Home > Student Development Curriculum > Character and Citizenship Education > Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
Education and Career Guidance (ECG) helps to equip our students with the necessary knowledge, skills and values to make decisions at each key education stage for successful transition from school to further education or work.
In NSS, extension activities are conducted to complement MOE ECG curriculum and provide more opportunities for Northstars to explore viable education and career options.
• Learning Journey to KidZania
• Career Talk by NSS Alumni
• In-house interview skills workshop
• In-house talks by Polytechnics
• Learning Journeys to Polytechnics and WorldSkills Singapore @ Suntec Convention Centre
• Advanced Elective Modules at Polytechnics
• Elective Modules at Institute of Technical Education
Visit MySkillsFuture Portal to find out more about your career interests, the current education landscape and the world of work.
- Click on the link, to access the site: Secondary.html
Please refer to the ECG Parent Guide here to discover how you can support your child in career guidance.
- Click on this link, to access the website: www.moe.gov.sg/ECG-parent-guide
NSS Career Talk for Secondary Twos
To help our Northstars explore viable education and career options, Northland Secondary School conducted its inaugural career talk for our Secondary Twos on 25 October 2017. Our invited speakers span various industries including media, banking, health and entertainment.
Through the talk, our Northstars got to understand the workings of the various industries, and the competencies and qualifications needed to work in these fields. Most of the speakers were alumni of Northland Secondary School, who keenly shared on their professions, and urged the young ones to reach for their aspirations.