Learning for Life Programme (LLP)
Game for Life: Empowering our Active Sportsmen
Our school’s Learning for Life Programme, “Game for Life” leverages sports and physical activity to prepare our Northstars for life, by imbuing them with strong social-emotional competencies grounded on our core values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. Students will also be empowered with the passion, knowledge and skills to lead a life of healthy and sporting pursuits. In addition, students with sporting talent will be identified and progressively developed through exposure to competitive sports within and beyond the school.
The Game for Life programme at Northland Secondary is effected through a 2-prong approach articulated across the total curriculum:
1. Play to Learn: Nurturing minds and strengthening vigour by developing students’ passion, knowledge and skills to lead a life of healthy and sporting pursuits and to fulfil their sporting potential through the (i) Physical Education, Outdoor Education and Co-curricular Activities and (ii) signature school programmes, such as SPARCLE Week.
The Activities: to Discover, to Develop & to Deepen –
- GfL X-cite Games
- GfL X-treme Run
- GfL X-celebration Challenge
- GfL X-plore Carnival
- GfL X-perience Sports Programmes
- GfL X-press Sports Programmes
- GfL X-tend Competition
- GfL X-cercise & Nutrition
- GfL X-cellence (Sports)
- GfL X-cellence (Leadership)