Home > Useful Links > Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
APPLICATION FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
There are schemes to assist pupils who have difficulty in financing their studies. Generally, pupils should:
- Be diligent and show satisfactory progress in their studies.
- Be of good conduct.
- Be regular in attendance.
TYPES AND CONDITIONS OF ASSISTANCE
1. MINISTRY OF EDUCATION FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEME
- Pupil must be a Singapore citizen
Family gross income per month does not exceed:a) $2,750 orb) Per capita household income not exceeding $690
- 100% waiver of the $5 school fees per month
- 100% waiver of the 1st tier miscellaneous fees of $10
- Pupil needs to pay the balance of the 2nd tier miscellaneous fees of $10 via Edusave
- Textbook and uniform grant
- Transport credit (for public transport) of $120/- per annum
- Meal Subsidy (For use in school canteen - $25/- per week)
2. BURSARIES AND SCHEMES FROM COMMUNITY ORGANISATIONS
- Students and parents should refer to the various community group webpages for the bursaries and schemes (such as tuition programmes) available:
- Chinese Development Assistance Council: www.cdac.org.sg/
- Singapore Indian Development Association: http://www.sinda.org.sg/
- Yayasan Mendaki: www.mendaki.org.sg/
- Students will be informed of the availability of bursaries upon confirmation from respective organisations.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
- Pupils are to approach the Form Teacher or Office Staff for application forms.
- Alternatively, pupils may be identified by teachers.